Laws and Norms
Our shoes are expertly-crafted products that are made of high-quality materials. They are manufactured by our qualified employees, in accordance with the recognised rules of technology. All relevant legal regulations are complied with during production and processing. For us, these represent the minimum requirements in terms of product safety, and in many cases, our own requirements go beyond these.
We pay particular attention to
Sections and amendments of the European Regulation (EC) 1907/2006 concerning the Registration, Evaluation, Authorisation and Restriction of Chemicals (REACH) relevant for our products.
Regulation (EU) 2019/1021 (EU POP Regulation) on persistent organic pollutants.
- the German Commodity Ordinance (Bedarfsgegenstandverordnung) and the threshold values and requirements regarding labelling (BedGgstV) contained therein;
- the Product Safety Act (ProdSG);
- the Federal Immission Control Act (BlmschG);
- the Chemical Ozone Layer Ordinance (ChemOzonSchichtV);
- the Packaging Ordinance (VerpackV).
Our stringent Gabor standards are summarised in a Restricted Substances List (RSL). They are regularly verified, developed and adapted to the current legal situation and the current state of science in cooperation with the organisation cads e.V. Find out more about cads, the cooperation for secured defined standards for Schuh- und Lederwarenprodukten e.V.