We manufacture the vast majority of our shoes in our own production facilities.
Approximately 85 per cent of our shoes come from our own production plants in Europe - in Rosenheim, in Banovce in Slovakia, and in Silveiros in Portugal. It goes without saying that we comply with the strict EU regulations at all locations. We purchase the remaining 15 per cent from long-standing partner companies in Portugal and Asia.
You will find more information on fair social standards at our suppliers here.
Our shoes are shipped to our customers worldwide from our central logistics centre in Mindelheim. We pay an above-average income in our factories, which includes voluntary benefits, such as additional monthly salaries or loyalty bonuses. We respect the principle of freedom of association and maintain an intensive dialogue with trade unions. As a member of the German Association of the Footwear and Leather Goods Industry, we have also played an active role in the development of international social standards.
A good working atmosphere is very important to us and, as a result, we play great attention to ensuring this. Apart from this, we also provide training at all production sites. We have already been distinguished with several awards for our personnel policy, e.g. for high occupational safety standards, as a family-friendly employer or as an excellent training company.
Rosenheim has been the location of Gabor's corporate headquarters since 1966. This is where designers and modellers develop hundreds of shoe models every season; where experts test technical innovations, and where employees work in research and development, administration, marketing, and sales. Worldwide exports are also steered from Rosenheim. Both prototypes and small series are produced here.
The Banovce plant was opened in 1997. It is our largest site, when it comes to employees. Approximately 1,300 employees (as of June 2020) manufacture serial products and samples here.
We pay attention to ensure a good working atmosphere, fair payment, environmental protection, and operational safety. Our production site in Banovce has already received an award for this: In 2017, we received the title "Sicheres Unternehmen" (Safe Company) in the field of occupational safety from the Slovakian Ministry of Labour, Social Affairs and Family, health protection, fire prevention, and environmental protection.
In 1991, the Silveiros plant was commissioned. In Portugal, Gabor is considered a model plant. There we also play a pioneering role in the field of training and further education. The Silveiros plant employs approximately 1,260 people (as of June 2020).
A photovoltaic system, which is constantly being expanded, is used to generate solar electricity. Several hundred thousand pairs of shoes can now be produced annually with renewable energy
Sie haben den Online-Shop www.gabor.de für gewählt. In diesem Online-Shop sind nur Lieferungen nach möglich.